Wednesday 13 June 2012

Cooking!

Cooking!

Oh man, this is scary. I'm not even doing anything elaborate!

So recent discovery, the local grocery store sells a pre-cut mix of vegetables called "the stir fry mix" and its all fresh never frozen! I can't help but feel like I'm cheating a little bit, but I gotta say, its much better! and cheaper, no more worries about leftover veggies going bad in the fridge!

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm making stir fry! again, cheating, premade sauce from a jar and pre-cut vegetables, but hey, I'm a business major, all about efficiency.

only advice about stir fry, mind the veggie water! Apparently cornstarch will thicken it up, but I'm 25 year old man living on my own, the only thing I know about corn starch is thats its starch from corn!

Also on tonight, pork chops and mushshroom soup. Definitely still cheating, canned mushroom soup, precut porc chops, but I DID cut the fat off, point me.

I've got about 6 meals worth of food on the go! Point for the money saving!

Overall, I think I actually enjoyed the cleaning more then the cooking. But definitely fun, I think I'll gradually work my way up to more elaborate food, but for now, this is a good step to a better lifestyle for me!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely overdid with the stirfry, one of three pre-cut veggies was used and I got 3 large portions of stirfry! hahaha, note to self, work on portions.

    ReplyDelete